WHAT SHOULD WE WEAR?
You’ll be baiting and handling pots and rods so prepare to get wet and dirty!
- Flat, soft-soled waterproof footwear. Gum boots are ideal
- Work gloves
- Tight fitting hat or head gear
- Waterproof or water resistant jacket/windbreaker
- Rain pants if you have them, wear old jeansif you don’t
- Face masks or coverings (as per current coronavirus protocols)
WHAT SHOULD WE BRING?
- Fishing license
- Face mask or covering
- Bag lunch
Coffee, water and soft drinks are included and available on board.
WHO CAN COME?
- Please view the online video to see the activities and abilities required.
- Passengers must be capable of traversing commercial fishing vessels and negotiating staggered deck heights. There is a spiral staircase to the washroom.
- Passengers must label, bait, sort and stack their pots. Each string includes a 30 lb. anchor
- Passengers, with instruction, must clean and process their catch
- Ability to untangle knots
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME?
HOW MANY PASSENGERS ON EACH TOUR?
Each regularly scheduled tour is limited to 12 passengers.
HOW MANY PASSENGERS ARE REQUIRED FOR A TOUR?
We require a minimum of 5 passengers
HOW AND WHEN DO WE PAY?
In accordance with Coronavirus protocols, reservations and tickets must be entered and purchased online.
WHAT ABOUT SEASICKNESS?
People who get car or travel sick may be prone to seasickness. There are different medications and devices available for prevention. We have travel tabs (dimenhydrinate) on board but they must be taken 20 minutes before departure to be effective.
WHAT ABOUT WEATHER AND CANCELLATIONS?
We’re located on a Pacific Ocean island so weather is always a factor. High winds, gale warnings and fog can force cancellations. On the west coast rain is just a clothing choice and it usually doesn’t affect our activities. In the event of a cancellation, SeaKing will make every effort to re-schedule. There are no charges or fees when tours are canceled.
WHAT ABOUT PARKING?
The parking lot at Tsehum Harbour is reserved for registered vessel owners. Free on-street parking is available on Resthaven Drive and the adjacent streets.
WHEN SHOULD WE ARRIVE?
Please arrive half hour before departure for instruction and preparation.